Sunday, August 31, 2008

Who Names the Hurricanes Anyways?!

Who Names the Hurricanes Anyways?
I am in the ATX still and loving it so much, but honestly it has been a little weird for me. Like it is so easy here… What living away from home business about anyways? I guess I am not called to be comfortable and live the life that sounds right. So with that said, I am moving on!
Yesterday the family came over! My nanny got really upset at me because I asked her why she was a republican. She did not really have an answer but she did get upset. Meanwhile I do not even know who I am voting for. Obama’s speech at the democratic National Convention, moved me to tears… LOL.. Obama was showing up as being misspelled, so I clicked to add it and the “correct” spelling was Osama. That is kind of funny. I would vote for him if he was Pro-Life. RON PAUL Revolution!
Saturday morning I went to the Church under the Bridge. A homeless work here in Austin. I was able to see so many friends, it was really awesome. I got my first check for ZAO! That really was exciting for me. I got to meet a lot of new people that is the thing about being a homeless minister, it sucks to get close to them and form relationships because they start camping in another city or they find a better program than you are offering. It sucks when people only come to you for what you can give them… OR wait maybe that is what is so great about the kingdom. You have Gods love and means to give away so that you can receive more and more when you give more and more! Whatever the case there is something so redemptive about giving an old man a kiss on his bald head as he sits in his wheel chair and then you pray for complete healing in his body and heart, and then he starts crying. Or telling a woman, that has been stripped of every ounce of pride, that she is beautiful. That means more to me than anything. I can see God so strongly through people who are completely in need of him. They are nothing, they have nothing, and then only thing that can cure their starvation of spiritual and physical needs is the love for Christ Jesus. My sweet papa provider! The glory fell on that community. I had a holy anxiety and expectancy. I knew something huge was going too happened. Maybe it was just that I got to look straight into Jesus’ eyes like a hundred times! I prayed for every sick person I saw. Easy bait, none of them care! I prayed for a deaf lady put my hands on her ears.. I wanted to do a Heidi Baker, “Bring me the blind” but I did not. No creative miracles. There was a lot of healing for me though. I just wept as I worshipped to my sister playing the piano looking at 6th street. It was truly a Heavenly experience that I would not trade for any grand conference with the highest paid musicians and preachers. It has become so clear to me that all the people need is the Good News and love and the fruits will show. Heidi Baker says she lives by Passion and Compassion. Laid down love for God and her neighbor. I am going to steal that, and coin it as my own life model. Forget all of the other junk and focus on the Gold that Christ left us!
Saturday afternoon I got a pedicure and manicure with my sister. We had a great time being girls. I have pink nails and toenails with rhinestones… I never really thought about Rhinestones being spelled like the Rhine River. My motherland.
The family came over and told me about a friend of the family that was driving drunk and hit a tree with her 15 year old daughter in the car without a seatbelt. She was hurt badly, her spleen is bleeding and a lung punctured, broken bones, and her face is all messed up. Keep her in your prayers and that God have his revenge on the mother.
Church was great today. I was at Starbucks, I turn around and see a childhood-teens best friend. Katie Gable my ultimate running buddy was in the same starbucks with me! I was so excited. She is cool has all of these tattoos and piercings. Oh to be extreme… I love it, I just do not have the nerve! I was so happy to be with my church family! I missed my Uncles preaching though. I was a lazy bum all day. I slept and watched movies. Discovered a really dumb thing about myself, I have never questioned in my mind what “ATF” stood for. I know I haven’t because I would have asked. Thanks to Lord of War I now know it stands for, Alcohol, tobacco, and firearms. So I now know that the “ATF” with their fancy acronym is operated by this Sullivan cat, has five thousand employees, and has a 1 billion dollar budget. Some useless information to store in your pocket for a rainy day! Anyhow, I watched Xman, Lord of wars, and What happens in Vegas. My favorite was what happens in Vegas. SO adorable I was laughing the whole time. It could have been that giddy ‘I am in love with you Ashton’ laugh, inevitably I laughed the entire movie!
I am leaving to go home tomorrow unless Gustav forces me to stay. It is headed straight for Shreveport. All of the New Orleans evacuees are staying in our schools this week. I want to know who gets to name the hurricanes every year. What is that advisory board called? Are those people taken seriously? The names come from the National Hurricane Center and have been since 1953. The names go from A-Z alternating Male/female. Here are all of the names for 2008. Pray none of them hit!
2008 Hurricane Names
Arthur
Bertha
Cristobal
Dolly
Edouard
Fay
Gustav-- JUNK
Ike
Josephine
Kyle
Laura
Marco
Nana
Omar
Paloma
Rene
Sally
Teddy
Vicky
Wilfred

Does anyone remember that Lisa Loeb song, "Beware this woman shes' a hurricane she will steal your heart but she hurting".. maybe I am totally making those words up, but they sound right!

No comments: