Friday, August 22, 2008

The Back-Up Plan Culture

The Back-Up plan Culture.
I will no longer be a slave to the back-up plan culture. The culture that says that you have to have a back-up plan just in case God does not follow through with his promises. The thought process that claims that the king of kings is dead and untrustworthy. I put my foot down on trying to satisfy other peoples desires for my life on earth. Say its 100 years here, if you’re lucky and Trillions of years in Heaven. Rolland Baker talks about living a "Sermon on the Mount Lifestyle" do you understand the complexity of that? I did not until I started seeking what that really meant. I looked up the Beatitudes in Wikipedia, because I look up everything there! It this is one of the things that upset me,
The Beatitudes do not describe many separate individuals, but rather all the specific characteristics each must have to experience heaven. Biblical scholar and author Andrej Kodjak has stated that this opening of the sermon was designed to shock the audience as a deliberate inversion of standard values, but this shock value has been lost today due to the commonness of the text.[1]
The shock has left because of the commonness. The fact is that this is the constitution of what Christians are, and it has become so watered down that people actually think that God did not really mean it for everyone!
So, with this stated, I make a vow to God and the world that I will not have a back up plan.. If I live I live for you, Jesus. I do not care about becoming an outstanding member of society, or as rich as an oil tycoon in the U.A.E., or to have a degree in a frame on the wall, or having a house with a picket fence and four little boys. It is all up to God. I give my life to the cause of love. I am a firm believer that love is the pillar of a life in line with Christ. Now people can argue the fact that in the kingdom we are supposed to be the dominators. Take the Church, family, government, education, media, and arts over. And we are supposed to be the wealthiest people to Earth. I agree with that, completely. Christians are usually taught the escape route (how to make it to Heaven) and Muslims are taught to take over the world. I think we are put on the Earth for a divine reason to bring the kingdom of God to Earth, but in doing this are we becoming poor in spirit? What I am saying is that I am not going to condemn anyone for not selling everything that they own and giving it to the poor. Just make sure that you completely trust God for everything, because the healthy do not need a doctor. Never think you can do anything without him. If you decide to give your life to the ‘Sermon on the Mount lifestyle’ remember that you cannot have any trust issues with God. Give him your life and do not be an "Indian-giver" about it, and remember that it is all backwards in the kingdom!

No comments: