Saturday, August 30, 2008

Homeward Bound.


I am ashamed to say that I have just officially made the worst cup of coffee in the whole world! I am supposed to be good at this whole barista thing, I was only one for almost two years…You would think since I mastered the art of a perfect extra-dry cappuccino and the expertise of a red-eye I could make a cup of drip! I guess I have lost the art.
I am in Austin. It feels really great. I am a little taken back with how easy it is here, and the enemy is really ragging on me. I know that I am supposed to be in Shreveport for this season. I was just hanging up my clothes in my closet and it dawned on me that I am going to have to re-pack them in a couple of days.
Yesterday I drove to the airport with Tyna, who is amazing. She text me this morning, and told me that she wanted to spread Gods love to everyone. She has this new grace on her life to love! It is amazing! She will do really great things for the father. Shica baba! I got to the airport and I felt like I was flying out of Entebbe or Addis Ababa Int. It was sketchy and did I mention small. It was a private airport… I talked to an old friend about, ZAO and she was so excited she sincerely wants to do anything she can to help. God is sending me the harvesters. INTERMISSION… I just noticed I got the “Cat Scratch Fever” I actually totally forgot my mom had a giant Persian cat who is satan incarnate. I walked in the door last night and he scared me to death. He just scratched me. Anyways, I was at the airport and my flight got delayed. Gustav is ruining reputation for being right on time. Anyone who knows me knows I live on “African time” all the time! I flew to Dallas, where my plane was also delayed. While there I met the most beautiful man I have ever seen, I think he could have been an Angel from New Jersey. I spotted him but of course was too nervous to talk to him. Finally my love for dunkin donuts and him conveniently standing in between me and my favorite cup of joe, we started talking. I definitely had my flirt coat on... that was so dorky but oh so true! Anyways I got offered a cupcake by this other older gent. I reached Austin giddy like a little girl. We went up to the church, I was so happy to see everyone. The singles had gone to Players, so I headed that way. I felt really loved when I walked in they all started chanting, “Audi..Audi” I love C.our.age a lot. Though I am away from this church, these people, this place I have decided it will always be my home. I was having a conversation with a friend the other day. He was asking me where I called home, because I am always on the move. I told him it is wherever the heart is, or wherever I can give my heart for the Lord Jesus. Although that is true, I feel a special love for Austin. These people are really special to me. I am excited to see my parents today! They were on vacation all week for their 25th Anniversary. How about that for great role models! Well I need to get dressed to go love on Jesus through homeless ministry!
Remain in Love.

No comments: