Tuesday, September 2, 2008

You Know You're Southern When...


You know you are southern when you and your uncle have the same Cabella’s tee-shirt on, the only difference being mine was a small and his was an XXL! Or when you’re life is disrupted by a hurricane. I flew home from Austin last night. My first flight was pretty uneventful, besides the fact that I met a really great gal who wants to be involved with ZAO. Oh but then my second flight of fury came. We were flying straight into a category one hurricane. We were not allowed out of our seats, because as the flight attendant said, “We are in an emergency state”. There were several moments of free falling and extreme shaking. People were screaming and crying. The lady in front of me kept yelling profanities and crying holding onto the emergency exit door like she was about to jump out on the wing for safety. It was pretty funny after I repented of every thing and told Jesus that “if I live I live for him and if I die I die for him” and “I’ve already given my life away so it cannot be taken”. I was still shaking really bad though, side affects of being a smoker for such a long time. I was exhausted at work today. I am going up to the Red Cross Evacuee Center at 23:00 to volunteer through the night. Work is really going to suck in the a.m. Its worth it! Faith Tabernacle has really gone out of their way to supply for the 25k plus evacuees that are here in Shreveport. They donated thousands of dollars and supplies. We have had volunteer groups all over the city. Our dance team performed today and we are having church in a center tomorrow! I love being apart of a New Testament Community! I am reading a great book, rather sobering but amazing, called “Why Revival Tarries” by Leonard Ravenhill. I stole it from my dad's collection and it is a copy that is actually from 1959! I recommend it! I just got a few ‘Momma T’ books in today! I am so excited to start them! I had better get a few hours of sleep before I go and work all night!

No comments: