Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Seasons.

I just read an archived email from an old friend, that I am not really friends with anymore. 
I had saved the email because when I read it, I was filled with joy..
But today when I read it I almost cried. Earlier in the week I got a phone call 
from a friend that I had totally lost all contact with and even though I was thrilled to 
have heard from him, my heart ached. Funny how emotions are. 
Or maybe it is funny how seasons are... I have this theory that people are 
put into your life to be either eternal friends or seasonal. When you begin a friendship with 
a person you know if they are going to be eternal friends because there is an instant bond. Meaning they are 
automatic besties/siblings. I have only felt this for a few people, I have tried to force it with others and 
it just did not work. I have come to the conclusion that people are put into your life for a certin purpose. 
Like God has a reason for them to be in your life either they will bring you down to make you stronger in the end. Or they will raise you up. Every friend has a purpose. Like Alanis says, "you live you learn!" 
I guess hurt accompanies any great thing. 

2 comments:

April said...

Hi there, just passin thru..loved the input on seasonal or eternal friends.so true..this gives me insight on a particular friendsip that I have, thanks for sharing and bloggin your thoughts!

audi said...

Glad you liked it!