Monday, July 17, 2006

The India Times


Howdy
The last couple of days have been fun! Tashobya's friends from Bangalore are down for the week. Oh my word, there is a guy named Nick, and seriously he is the funniest guy that I have ever met. Even looking at him I start to laugh. He has an afro with a red stripe down the middle, and he has Madonna teeth. His laugh is hilerious, as soon as he starts to laugh you can not help but to join him! We have had a fun time with those guys! Friday night we did nothing, and I was too hyper for my own good. I do not know what possessed me, but I was bouncing off of the ceiling for hours. I settled down for a Simpsons episode, and then made I got really hungry. At 2am I decided to make french frys. I didn't know how to make them, and Tashobya got stuck with the job. My energy extended into the next day. I woke up Saturday morning psycho again! I ended up going to Priya and eating at Chokola! I seriously have a passion for that place. It is a God sent.That night we hung out with everyone and watched movies. I am reading an Anne Rice book presently, and Queen pf the Damned came on, so I was entertained! Philibert came over and we made plans to go to the National Museum. Sunday morning Philbert and I went to the museum. It was really nice....Except for the fact that I was at the India gate and there was a bomb threat at the gate. They found no bomb. I went to church. It was a very nice service, because God moved as always! Ishta did an excellent job preaching, and I did the scripture reading. I went to sleep early.. Today I woke up and went to Prayas. It was a nice day, but I really did not spend a lot of time with the kids. I taught my guitar lesson and then helped in the office with some legal papers. I left and walked to Priya! It was such an adventure. I was safe, and one of my students even walked with me! I got a bit lost, but it was a refreshing walk. When I got to Priya I went to the grocery market. I cooked tonight so I had to get ingredient. My meal was really good! I made sole fish on a half cup of rice. When I bought the fish they gave it to me in whole, as in with the eyes, fins, and gills, but I must have showed my fright in my expression, and the deli guy fillet it for me. I also cooked mashed potatoes, stir-fried okra, french bread, and chocolate sundays with kiwi and pineapple! It was wonderful!! So that is my weekend! Oh by the way my last blog was not accurate with the death count on the bombings in Mumbi. It was like 260 dead and 700 injured.. So keep the families in your prayers, and never keep not only your country, but all of the worlds government and trials. India really needs prayer, but so does every other country. God Bless

No comments: