Thursday, June 14, 2007

Gwee Go AWAY!

GGWEEE GO AWAY!!!
I really love Uganda! I really really do, I have this love for common wealth that is weird. I probably wouldn't love it as much if I were from here. It is just so crazy to think that I could live here forever and totally be 100% happy. I have had a really great week. I went to a Dr. Creole Dollar seminar last night. It was really awesosme. I have not fully understood church since I have been here –until last night. I went by myself and was a bit taken by the crowd. There were nearly half a million people there. Africans do love religion. You know I did not expect the Muslim community to be so large. Okay, this week what have I done--- Sunday I went to church it was raining cats and dogs. The roof is pathetic, I could not even teach because we were wet. After church I met an American named Matt that I met at the wedding I went to Saturday. By the way I went to a Kuhingira, which is a ceremony for the parents of the bride to give their daughter away. My God it was so long and boring and in Luganda. Anyways so I met a really cool American and we went to lunch Sunday with his friend from here. We went to CafĂ© PaP and had fajitas. We ate really fast because he had to make a flight two hours later and he ended up missing the flight, not because of me he had enough time! Anyways we hung out later that evening for eats. It was a lot of fun hanging out with someone who could quote anchorman with me. That was a definite change in conversation comparing African vs. American. You know Americans are so much different than we give our selves credit for, whether it is the lack of culture or the pride of culture we are different. It is so funny how quick I can spot an American. They are so… different! True story. I really miss my family. I think everyone should move here. Uganda is so free. My theory is that they do not have to really work for their survival like the rest of Africa –well for the most part. Their main source of food is banana and they grow freely without any maintaining. They are the source of the Nile- so fertile soil is a fact. I went to see Oceans 13 Tuesday, It was AWESOME! I really think Brad and george want to marry this mamma! Ishta has to leave to go back to India Sunday and I am so upset. I really do not want her to leave, I love that girl we are so alike it is FREAKY! Well I need to sleep . Well goodnight

No comments: