Thursday, October 16, 2008

Shifting in the Heavens.

Revival is really raining down. I saw a shirt today on C28 that said, “The next revival will not be broadcasted on tv but in secret.” It made me think of revival in solemn assembly. I do not think it should have to be in private but not like “hey look at us we are in revival”! I think revival needs to be not only for one region but for the whole body of Christ. How do revive the church? How do we get people to burn for Christ and lay their life down to sit at his feet? The revival has to start in each one of us. Every person is called to burn. John Wesley said, Catch yourself on fire and others will come to watch you burn. No one in the body of Christ is called to complacency. Read the New Testament. Live to burn for him and when your flame goes out hopefully your body will go out too! With the day of Atonement last week our community of believers really made a big deal of it. For two weeks the church was fasting and praying every night at the church.  Revival is happening in our community but we do not want it to end in Shreveport we want to hit the whole world. We– meaning the hands and the feet of the body of Christ. 
Last night God kept me awake all night. I took communion before I got in bed and it was the most moving supper I have ever had. Pastor preached on not being Destination Sick, or not serving God for his hand or emotional euphoric experiences but loving his face and only seeking his face. I came home and turned on Matt Gillum and had a party with Jesus. It is a new level that I can not explain in English, my soul could explain! Haha.. During communion I realized that this life really does not matter to me at all. I’m just passing through. I was broken when I really started thinking about Christ Jesus allowing me to just pass through with the covenant of his blood. Thank you Jesus. I know this is so simple and was revealed to me and the whole body a long time ago, I just know there are many layers and Christ will let you get closer and closer to him by revealing more and more of his love! I just focus on Psalms 51:10, and creating a clean vessel that The Holy Spirit can flow through, and then seeking him like a lover in Song of Solomon or Isaiah 55:6. God kept me awake all night to listen to him and the chaos in my building. The noise was not bothering me, I sleep to it every night as long as I have my Keith Miller, Atmosphere of the Spirit playing softly. Last night I could not sleep I prayed for God to give me rest I even read scriptures on resting, and then I realized that maybe he wanted me to be a watchman that night. I guess an intercessor needed a night off! I was not in constant deep prayer, just in and out of sleep and praying for everyone that I could hear talking. I went into my living room and I was listening to some glory music just soaking and my neighbor turned on loud gospel music. She is a single white mother, the stereotypical junkie. I looked at my clock and it was 4:28am. My first reaction was she is trippin’ and this was the only thing on Tv, and then I started listening to the words of the song, it was just saying Thank you Jesus I love you for what you have done for me. She listened to that same song for an hour on repeat. It was really anointed. Something in me broke when I realized that people next to me were reaching out for Gods face and I had done nothing to show it to her. Even if she was on a trip there was something in her screaming out for God to grab her hand. I knew then that she was hungry for God and that she had probably grown up Spirit-filled or had been around it. I think God kept me up all night to hear that. Thank you Jesus, for what you have done in my life I love you.. In my eyes she does not have a good life, but she is still thankful. I broke. I had to repent. I try to be Christ-Like in every way but I have passed her and I have not had the courage to love on her because she looks hard to love. Anyways I am so sorry God and I will change my thinking even more.. TAKE ME LOWER LORD and release me from the captivity of the fear of Man. Anyways God restored my sleep. I have had the most blissful day that I have had in a really long time. Glory to the King who reigns forever and ever!

No comments: