Thursday, July 8, 2010

Rain.

Sitting here looking out of my office at the rain... I love the rain. Rain means life, death, abundance, and lack. The sad thing is that all I can think about is my hair that I got done last night and my fro that may very well be about to happen. What is even going on with the hurricane in the gulf and that oil spill? Tropical depression had better not bother me at the lake this weekend. I guess us Texas are just worried about flooding at the border. The oil spill is not even making the headlines anymore. I am going to write another blog about this Monday because I ran out of time today, It needs to be blogged about, and I am taking off work tomorrow.

Man shapes himself through decisions that shape his environment. --Rene Dubos

I had a horrible dream last night. I dreamt that group of friends and me were forced to wear A&M graduation class rings. I was horrified because I did not want anyone to see me.

Weird news: This guy in Kentucky was attacked by a bear, and then told the media not to judge all bears on this “bad bear’s” misconduct. The extra weird thing is that the guys name is Tim Scott. I was really close to a guy called Tim Scott. I wonder if he would be that big of a person to speak on behalf of the bears by which he had just been mauled.

My weekend can only be described as bizarre or completely peculiar. Here are some of my favorite quotes:

  • I will not have some gentile make me matzo ball soup; it has been passed from Jew to Jew for 3k years.
  • We can start a business, you marry the African and we split the money in half that they will pay you to get citizenship. I will manage because I know what Africans think before they think it.
  • I shouldn’t have gone low. This never would have happened if I wouldn’t have dropped it down.
  • I love your Ascot… wait what are ascots?
  • What?! You have staph… and it is prone to antibiotic?!!
  • You’re going to Vegas to play tournament poker?
  • He doesn’t really care… he just wants to be involved.
  • Why has this guy been pointing and laughing at me for 10 minutes?
  • The Octopus had an ink-ling that ESP was going to win.

Independence Day this year was a tad different than last year. Well last year I was in Uganda at the American Embassy in Uganda with tons of Brits and South Africans... this year I was on the lake with just a few friends and our dogs. We watched the UFC fight , watched Toy story 3, danced a little, went to a hookah lounge, ate….ate….ate…., played on the lake, watched soccer, had a little 4th party, lost my phone, and had a lot of fun. There was a very odd flair to the weekend. It was a great weekend!

Today I am driving to Dallas to pick up a Ugandan friend of mine! It’s going to be a fun week ahead! I will try to show Southern/TEXAN pride in every way possible. Two

No comments: